Welcome to our blog! I want to use this as an opportunity to create an on-going "scrapbook" of our family. I am also hoping to use this as a way to keep our family and friends updated on the latest of what is happening in our crazy little household!

Kamryn Avery

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cecilia Elizabeth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

38 weeks

38 weeks.... Wow, how time flies!! It is crazy to think that in a matter of days, we will be bringing another little bundle of joy home from the hospital. Our second daughter, Kamryn's new baby sister, will join the fam! Wow, is all I can say. I went to the doctor on Monday and I was 3 cm and 60% effaced, so things are progressing. Although some women can stay at 3 cm for weeks, we have officially started to freak out and started packing everyone's bags. Life in the D household now consists of constant questions like, "How are feeling?" "Did your water just break?" "Do you think it will be today?" and many others. I also think it is important to point out that it has been almost 60 degrees for the past few days and it is just now February... what? I guess all the praying I have been doing for good roads and winter weather has payed off! Thank you, God! Kamryn got another haircut yesterday and is such a big girl. We are still doing well with potty training - I would officially say that she is "potty-trained" and she would too! She is doing much better in her toddler bed, although she does still like to lay with us for awhile before she goes to her bed. I don't blame her, but hopefully even that will improve. She is ready for her sister to be here. She says that she is going to help change her diapers and feed her. She also is going to take her to the park and go shopping and to parties as well. :) As for me, I feel great! I really can't complain at all. I am tired and wish I had more energy at the end of the day to finish the laundry, dishes, etc that need to be done before I go into labor, but we are getting things done in our time. I am excited, yet apprehensive at the thought of our new little life as a family of four. My biggest concern is really still for Kam. I know she will do great, but the the thought of feeling left out or not as important breaks my heart. I have prayed that we will not get so overwhelmed or engrossed in "new baby life" that we forget to take the time to sit and play, read, and love on our little boo, especially when she asks for it! But I am super excited for that moment when my two girls meet for the first time and to see the look on Kamryn's face. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it now. It will be the start of a best friend relationship and that makes my heart so happy! I look forward to spending the next couple of months with my girls! I also look forward to not being pregnant anymore. My poor husband feels as if I have been pregnant for the majority of our marriage, and if you did the math, I think he would be right. The whole fam deserves a non-pregnant mommy. And that brings and extra big smile to my face! :) We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment