Welcome to our blog! I want to use this as an opportunity to create an on-going "scrapbook" of our family. I am also hoping to use this as a way to keep our family and friends updated on the latest of what is happening in our crazy little household!

Kamryn Avery

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cecilia Elizabeth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today is National Trisomy 18 Awareness Day!

National Trisomy 18 Awareness Day occurs on the 18th day (to represent the chromosome affected – the 18th chromosome) of the 3rd month (to represent the trisomy – the 3 copies of the chromosome) of the year. One of my dear friend's daughter, Hailey Marie, was born with Trisomy 18. She lived for 36 wonderful days. I want to dedicate this day and post to little Miss Hailey! If you would like to learn more about Kristin and Hailey and Trisomy 18, please go to Kristin's blog. http://thevlips.wordpress.com/ Kristin is beautiful writer and her family's story is one of hearbreak, love, and the enduring power of God! What an inspiration! Thank you, Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment