I didn't even want to take the time to write a post about our horrible week, but I feel like I need to include it just for "life's sake." Although it was a week (or 2) that I would love to erase from our lives, it was part of our lives for a reason. So instead of blogging on for hours, I will write my post in bullet points - only hitting the main issues... then I can move on to posting more adorable pictures of my girlies! :)
- Paul got viral meningitis
- He was in the hospital for a week, but he was pretty sick the week before that and is still recovering now, a week later...
- While Paul was in the hospital, both girls got sick with fevers that required going to the doctor and being put on antibiotics.
- Thank God for our parents - they took care of either the girls or Paul while I was with the other. Although having sick kids made it even more difficult.
- Paul was in SO much pain - and there was nothing that we could do to help him. Even the strongest pain meds weren't touching his intense head aches.
- Finally, after many days, they did a procedure that finally gave him some relief.
- There is nothing worse than watching someone you love be in so much pain and not being able to help in any way. Paul always said that was the hardest part of watching me in labor with the girls.
- I would cry to and from the hospital. Every time I left -either home or the hospital- I was leaving someone that I loved and that needed me.
- Although Kamryn LOVED all of the time with her grandparents, toward the end, she would cry and cry when I left. It was horrible... I would cry and cry myself.
- Going through the whole experience made us appreciate being healthy and feeling well. It also made me appreciate my husband and all that he does. We are so glad to have him home and getting back to himself.
- I kept fairly calm thoughout the whole ordeal, but looking back now it makes me sick to my stomach. God was definitely watching over us and guiding us through to the end.



No comments:
Post a Comment